St. Peter's Cemetery
“A Sacred Place”
Planning and Contacts
Please contact the parish office at (608) 831-4843 for information on:
– Purchasing lots
– Monument approval (This is required for ALL monuments)
– Rule enforcement
Please contact the Cemetery Sexton for:
– Lot availability
– Opening grave locations (casket or urn)
– Marking for monuments
– The cemetery is open from sunrise to sunset; it is trespassing to enter during closed hours.
– American flags and shepherd’s hooks must be adjacent to concrete bases.
– Wind chimes, windmills, or other noise-making decorations are prohibited.
– Monument decorations are to be secured so that they are not easily removed by natural means, i.e., wind, rain, etc.
– Summer decorations are allowed starting May 1 and are to be removed by October 15.
– Winter decorations are allowed starting November 1 and are to be removed by March 15.
– Plantings and flowers:
– Annual and perennial flowers are to be maintained within a 6 in. border of the concrete base.
– No stones are allowed in borders around the concrete base.
– Trees, shrubs, or bushes of any size are not allowed.
– Fresh and artificial flowers are to be in secure, unbreakable containers.
– Spring and Fall clean-up dates will be published in the church bulletin; decorations not removed by these dates are subject to removal.
– Removed decorations will be kept for 3 weeks for pick-up and will then be discarded.
– Alcoholic beverages are not allowed in the cemetery at any time.
– No pets are allowed on cemetery grounds.
– Permanent markers must be installed within one year of burial